Dr. Jon Dron
Associate Professor, School of Computing and Information Systems
Jon Dron is a member of the Technology Enhanced Knowledge Research Institute and an Associate Professor in the School of Computing and Information Systems at Athabasca University, where he teaches various graduate and undergraduate courses. Jon is a National Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK and an Honorary Faculty Fellow of the Faculty of Education & Sport at the University of Brighton, UK. In the past five years he has:
- Won four top paper awards at International conferences in Canada, Portugal and the US
- Won the Editors’ Choice award for best paper of 2011 in the highly rated International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning.
- Been a keynote speaker at international conferences in the US, Canada, Taiwan, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria and Mexico, as well as being an invited speaker at numerous other national and international events.
- Been the co-principal investigator on a range of projects with national, provincial and local funding of over $1.25M, as well as engaging as a researcher in other funded projects.
- Been on over 50 program committees for conferences and workshops, as well as co-chairing the AACE E-Learn 2009 conference in Vancouver, and serving on that conference’s executive committee since then.
Jon’s research in learning technologies is highly cross-disciplinary, including social, pedagogical, technological, systemic and philosophical aspects of technology and learning design & management.