Policies, Guidelines & Resources
- AU Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans Policy
- AU Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans Procedures
- TCPS2 2014 – Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- SSHRC Research Data Archiving Policy
- Guidelines for Applicants (PDF - 88 KB)
- AU Guide for Research in Dual-Role Situations (PDF - 73MB)
For Research Involving Students or Other Individuals Related to the Researcher as Research Participants
- AU Guidance - Incentives
- Ethics FAQs
Health Research Ethics http://www.aihealthsolutions.ca/initiatives-partnerships/health-research-ethics/
Research involving humans or their data which is conducted at AU, or which is conducted by AU researchers elsewhere, is reviewed to ensure compliance with the TCPS2. The research may also be subject to meeting additional local requirements imposed either by AU or the institution or geographic region in which the research takes place.
The TCPS2:CORE tutorial is “highly recommended” for all AU researchers, research supervisors, and REB members. NOTE when registering for the tutorial: AU does not appear on the Institutions dropdown list, as completion of the tutorial is not “required” by AU. Therefore, AU registrants must select “Other” at the bottom of the list and enter “Athabasca University” manually in order to enable registration.
Student & Academic Services - Last Updated January 23, 2015