Staff Instructions – External Funding
All external funding applications must receive department and institutional approval prior to submission to the funder. You must apply for this approval by completing the Funding Agency Application Checklist in the
Research Portal. This page will show you how.
You should also review the general information for all users before you begin your application.
If you have questions during the application process, you can contact email@example.com.
Submitting your funding agency application checklist
- Log in to the Research Portal.
- Select “APPLY NEW” in the upper-right corner.
- Select Funding Agency Application Checklist from the list provided.
- Enter the project title and start and end dates of your project in the Project Info tab. You do not need to fill in any keywords or the Related Certifications section.
- Skip the Project Team Info and Project Sponsor Info tabs. The Research Centre will complete these for you.
- Go to the Funding Agency Application Checklist tab. You will find a number of subtabs. Be sure to complete them all, scrolling down to the bottom of each tab to be sure you’ve answered all the questions. Save after each subtab.
- Use the Attachments tab to upload required documents (see the Checklist subtab in the Funding Agency Application Checklist tab for a list).
- The Approvals tab shows who will receive the application for review. You don’t need to do anything on this tab.
- If you don’t see the Errors tab, you can click the “Submit” button.
- A comments box will now appear. You must type something in this box to proceed with submission. For example: “For Review” or “For Approval.”
- Click the “Submit” button to finish submitting your application.
- You will receive an email confirming that your application has been successfully submitted.
- You can keep track of the progress of your application through the Logs tab. You don’t need to provide any information on this tab.
- Please note that once your application has been submitted, it will be located under Applications: Under Review in the Principal Investigator section of your home page.