You will receive an email notification when an ethics or funding application requires your review and approval. If this is your first time reviewing in the Research Portal, or if you haven’t used it for a while,
please read the following important information before beginning your application review.
The subject line of the notification email reads “You have been assigned as a reviewer/signing authority.” If you are expecting a notification, but haven’t received it, please check your spam folder.
You should also be aware of the following:
- The back button in your browser will not work in the Research Portal.
- The Research Portal times out periodically. If this happens while you’re entering your comments, they may be lost. Draft longer text responses in Notepad or TextEdit first, then copy and paste into the “Comments” box.
- Don’t paste from a word processing program, as your text won’t appear the way you expect.
If you are unable to complete your review in a single session, the location of the application may change.
- If you are a committee chair, your applications will always be found in the Role: Reviewer section of your home page, under Applications: Chair or Events: Chair.
- If you are a committee member, you will be able to find the application again in the Role: Reviewer section of your home page, under Applications: Reviewer (In Progress) or Events: Reviewer (In Progress).
- If you are a graduate student supervisor, your applications will always be found in the Role: Other Signing Authority section of your home page, under Applications: New, unless you have requested revisions.