Create & Manage Account
You must have an account to access the Athabasca University Research Portal.
Create your account
To create an AU Research Portal account:
- Go to the AU Research Portal
- Click the “Register” button.
- Fill in the fields marked with a red asterisk (*). If you are an external researcher, please also include your institution. If your institution does not appear in the list, please add it in the comments
- To add an affiliation, click the “Add New” button.
- Choose the organizational level where you hold your primary appointment from the Level list. This will auto-populate the Unit list.
- Choose the unit you work in from the Unit list.
- If this is your primary appointment, check the Primary Affiliation box.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Repeat if you have cross or joint appointments.
- When you have completed the form, click the “Register” button. You will receive an email confirming your registration.
- Copy the confirmation code in the email, and follow the link provided. The confirmation code is for one-time use only.
- Paste the code into the “Confirmation code” box.
- If your confirmation code doesn’t work, make sure there is no space before or after the code.
- Choose a password that meets the following minimum requirements:
- 8–16 characters long
- 1 uppercase letter (A–Z)
- 1 lowercase letter (a–z)
- 1 number (0–9)
- Re-enter your password in the “Confirm Password” box.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
You are now registered and able to use the AU Research Portal. Your username is the email address that you used during the registration process and your password is the password you have just created.
Manage your account
If you need to update your contact information, you can do so from the “My Profile” link in the top navigation.
Once you’ve made your changes, click the “Update” button in the bottom right corner.
If you need to change your email address or affiliations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.