Committee Member Instructions – Reviewing Applications
All applications for funding or ethics review are processed through the Athabasca University Research Portal. Use these instructions to review and approve applications in the portal.
You should also read the general information for all users before you begin your review.
Reviewing an application
- Log in to the Research Portal
- Go to the Role: Reviewer section.
- If you are a committee chair, click on “Applications: Chair” or “Events: Chair.” The text will appear in red when there are new items for you to review.
- If you are a committee member, click on “Applications: Reviewer (New)” or “Events: Reviewer (New).” The text will appear in red when there are new items for you to review.
- Click the “View” button to the left of the File No.
- Review each of the tabs and subtabs, except the Project Sponsor Info tab in funding applications. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of each tab and subtab to make sure you see all parts of the application.
- Any documents accompanying the application can be found in the Attachments tab.
- You will be able to see the comments of other committee members in the Committee Reviews tab.
- When you are ready to leave your comments, click the “Review” button.
- All committee members must add comments in the “Comments” box.
- If you are the committee chair, click the “Save” button, then the “Close” button to log your comments on the file. Do not use the Review Decision menu or the “Submit” button. If you do, you will remove the application from the view of all reviewers.
- If you are a committee member, click the “Save” button, then the “Submit” button before closing the Review Comments box.
- You may go back at any time to amend your comments, remembering that you need to click “Save” and “Close” or “Save” and “Submit” each time you make changes.
- Once the committee’s final decision has been made, an administrator will work with the chair to complete the review process.