The Research Centre is the hub of all research activity at Athabasca University (AU). The centre serves as a resource and provides support for basic and applied research within the university.
Learn more about research at AU.
What we do
We work with researchers throughout their research project lifecycle, from proposal development to finishing a project.
To facilitate and promote AU research activities, we provide assistance with:
- publicizing prospective funding sources
- the development of academic-industry partnerships
- the preparation and submission of research grant applications
- the management of grant/award funding
- financial monitoring and accounting
- recruitment and hiring of research-related personnel
- set up and execution of contracts
- submission of required financial reports to research sponsors
- the processing of ethics review for research involving humans and animals
- the planning and hosting of research-related events
We also provide administrative support to various committees charged with the adjudication of applications for internal research funding.
Research Centre Orientation
Updated May 03 2018 by Research